Facebook is a great source of fun and one of the favorite platforms for its users to pass leisure time. But this giant too has some cons. With the wonderful friends that come across you on Facebook , there are many fake profiles and stalkers who may bother you unnecessarily in an unendurable manner. In such situations, unfriending might be a mild step and you need to take a harsh step of blocking such people on Facebook.
When you block a person on Facebook, he/she won’t be able to:
- See what you post on your profile.
- Tag you in any posts, comments or photos.
- Invite you to events or groups.
- Start a conversation with you.
- Or, send you friend request on Facebook.
Keeping all of this in mind, if you are still willing to block someone on Facebook, go through the following process:
How to Block Someone on Facebook
- Go to facebook.com
- Login to your account entering username or password.
- Click the arrow present at the top right of Facebook interface.
- From the list, tap “Settings”
- Now, click on “Blocking” in the left panel.
- Now you will reach the Block users section, enter here the name of the person you want to block and click “Block”.
Note: If you are unable to find a person’s name using this method. Go to the person’s profile by entering his/her name in search tab >click on the three dots bottom right of their cover photo> tap “Block” and “Confirm”.
How to Block a Person Using Facebook App
- Open Facebook App
- Tap three arrows at the top right of Facebook.
- Now click “Settings & Privacy “> Settings.
- In the “Privacy section” and tap “Blocking”.
- Enter the Person’s name you want to block and tap “Block”.
- Tap Block again to confirm.
So this is how you block someone on Facebook. However, if you are annoyed by needless messages from a jerk and wish to block messages of that person on Facebook messenger, deploy the below-mentioned steps. Before proceeding, we would like to mention that blocking someone on Facebook messenger is different from blocking them on Facebook. You will still be able to see their Facebook profile. You may also be able to see their status updates, comments, likes and tags on Facebook, depending on their privacy settings.
How to Block Someone on Facebook Messenger:
- Open Facebook messenger
- Open the chats of the person you want to block.
- Tap his/her name at the top of the conversation.
- Scroll down and tap “Block” > “Block on Messenger”
- Again tap “Block” to confirm.
Bingo! You are all set now. You have complete knowledge of keeping toxic people away from your Facebook profile. The finest merit of blocking someone is that they won’t be notified if they have been blocked or unblocked by you. The process to unblock someone on Facebook is also very easy. But before moving towards blocking, you should keep in mind that in case you change your mind and decide to unblock that person, you have to send them a new friend request to be Facebook friends again.
Is Blocking and Unfriending the Same Thing?
Nope! Blocking and unfriending are the two completely different methods of restricting your Facebook profile’s exposure to specific Facebook users.
When you unfriend someone on Facebook, they will not be able to see any of your non-public posts and it removes all of their posts from your news feed. But they can still reach out to you through messages. However, these messeges will be filtered into your secondary Message Requests inbox and not your primary one.
Unlike unfriending, blocking restricts someone from seeing any of your posts (including public ones) and prevents them to establish communication with you by sending messages. They won’t be able to message you at all and will cease their posts in your news feed.