Facebook, which is an American social networking site, offers profound opportunities to business owners to reach their audience. With 2.50 billion monthly active users, running a Facebook page becomes one of the most lucrative ways to get huge engagement and get connected to your fans. However, if you are moving in another direction with your business and decided to get rid of your Facebook page, here’s an easy process of How to delete a Facebook business page.
How to Delete Facebook Business Page
In order to delete your business page on Facebook, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Open your Facebook page
- Click “Settings”, at the top right of your page
- In general, tap “remove page”
- Now click on delete(page name)
- Tap on “Delete Page” and then click “OK”.
Keep in mind that your page will be deleted permanently only after 14 days of opting page deletion. It is a grace period provided by Facebook, in which you can restore your page and its followers in case you change your mind. To cancel your page deletion within these 14 days do the following.
Steps To Cancel Facebook Page Deletion
- Go to your Facebook page
- Tap “Cancel Page Deletion” present at the top of your page
- Click ”Confirm” and then click ‘Ok”
So there you are all set. In the above-mentioned way you can successfully delete the Facebook business page.
We would like to mention here that if you just want to give yourself a break from running a Facebook page, then you may consider to unpublish the page rather than deleting it. Unpublished pages are hidden from the public including the users who liked the page. An unpublished page is only visible to the people who manage it.
You May Also Read: How To Unblock Someone On Facebook?
Steps to Unpublish a Facebook Page
Follow these steps to unpublish your Facebook page, it will be visible again to the public only after publishing the page again.
- Go to the Settings at the top right of your Page.
- In General, click “Page Visibility”.
- Tap to select “Page unpublished”.
- Click “Save Changes”.
Note here, you can only unpublish or delete Facebook business page, if you are an admin of that page. If you create a page you automatically become the admin of that page. However, if you want to make someone else the admin of your page, you can do it in the following way:
Manage Page Roles On Facebook Page
- Click on the Settings option at the top right of your page
- Tap “page roles” in the left column
- Type the name or email of the person you want to make admin and select the name from the list that appears
- Tap “Editor” and select a role from the dropdown
- Click “Add” and enter your password to confirm.
Your role determines your level of authority to manage a page. If you are baffled about your current role on a Facebook page, you can easily check it by following below process:
- Open your Facebook page
- Click Settings at the top right corner
- Tap “page roles” in the left panel
- Here you will see your role listed below your name
Now you have a complete idea about how to delete Facebook business page, unpublish it or assign new roles. So what are you waiting for? Get rid of the unwanted pages and focus on what’s relevant for your business growth.