YouTube is considered as one of the most popular entertainment channels that allows users to watch and upload video content. As per the stats, in 2019, more than 500 hours of video content are uploaded to YouTube every minute and one billion hours of content was recorded as being watched on YouTube every day. YouTube is launched by Google in 2006 and since then, people have been satisfying their fun cravings with the content on this channel. So, what will you do if you find YouTube not working? Is it irking?
Have no fear; we are here to help you. In this blog, we have mentioned all the possible reasons that may create issues in Youtube working along with their solutions.
Is Youtube is Down for Everyone?
Before proceeding to the issues, you must want to check if Youtube is down for everyone or it’s just you? So here you go:
- Refer Youtube’s official Twitter account @TeamYouTube. Here you can find the live updates about the issues occurring in Youtube accounts.
- The other sites that can help you to know Youtube status are downdetector.com and outage.report. These sites record the issues being reported for Youtube all over the world and offer a report.
Now, if you are done with the check and found that you are the only one stuck, go through the troubleshooting methods mentioned below:
What to Do If You YouTube Not Working On Chrome:
1.Check for Chrome Update
This is the most important point to remember. For the proper functioning of the sites, your chrome must be updated to the latest version. In order to check the chrome update, you must hit the link chrome://settings/help. By clicking on the link you will be redirected to the page that will check for available updates and however, if already updated you will be shown “Google Chrome is Up-to-date”:
We use a number of extensions in our system for various purposes. However, sometimes there might be a compatibility issue with Youtube that may be causing hindrance in its working. Therefore, to check if this issue has occurred due to extensions, disable the extensions in incognito mode and try playing videos with Youtube in Incognito. If now you are able to watch videos, try to remember which one you have installed around the same time the issue began, and delete it.
You can do it easily by copying and then pasting chrome://extensions/ in your browser and then selecting “Remove”.
3.Clear Cache and Cookies in Your System
Another step to be taken for Youtube not working issue is “Remove All the Cache and Cookies From Your System. This can be done by Below Steps:
- Press “Ctrl+H”
- Click on “Clear Browsing History”
- Select “All Time” and tap” Clear Data”
4.Check Your Internet Connectivity
Sometimes it might happen that other sites are loading but Youtube isn’t working. This can happen because your internet is not connected and your browser is loading cached copies of other sites. Therefore, troubleshooting your internet connection is the way to go.
To troubleshoot internet connection, follow below-mentioned steps:
- Click on the “Network Access” Icon on the taskbar.
- Go to “Network & Internet Settings”
- Tap “Network Troubleshooter”
You May Also Read: Here’s How To Download Amazon Prime Videos To Watch Offline
What To Do If YouTube Not Working on Android Device or iOS Device:
1.Restart The Device
This is the simplest solution that can be deployed to resolve issues in an Android device. Restarting a device consequently closes the apps running in the background that might be lagging the device. In order to restart your Android device, just press and hold the power button and click on Restart.
2.Update Device’s Operating System
There can be chances that the operating system of your device is outdated which is causing issues in YouTube working. To check for the update:
- On Android: Go to Settings > About Phone > System Updates
- On iOS: Settings > General > Software Update
Once you find the update download and install it. Then check if the problem of YouTube not working is resolved or still persists.
3.Update Your Youtube App
Our apps keep updating on a regular basis so that they can provide the best user experience and bug fixes. Thus, make sure you are using the latest version of YouTube on your device. Follow below Steps to find Youtube App update on Android and iOS:
For Android Device:
- Open “Play Store”
- Click on the there lines of the top left corner near the search bar
- Tap” My Apps & Games”
- A list of all apps pending for updating will be shown.
- If YouTube is on the list, Tap “Update”
- Open the App Store
- Click the Updates tab.
- If YouTube is on this list, tap Update.
4.Clear Cache and Data Of The App
If you are fond of watching videos and using the YouTube App for long, a large amount of cache and data might have created leading to issues in its working. To clear cache and data follow below steps:
For Android Device:
- Go to “Settings’ and click on “Apps”
- Search for YouTube and click on it
- Go to “Storage” and Tap “ Clear cache”
- If the problem persists, return here and Clear data as well.
For iOS, the best step would be to uninstall and reinstall YouTube.
5.Check and Sync Date & Time
It is possible that Google servers might be facing issues syncing with your date & time settings which are resulting in the improper working of YouTube. To troubleshoot this, do the following:
For Android Devices:
- Go to the “Settings” of your device.
- Click “Additional Settings” and Tap on “Date & time”.
- Turn on the “Automatic date & time” option.
- Go to “Settings” and click “General”
- Tap “Date & Time”
- And slide Set Automatically to On.
Well, now you know how to Fix YouTube Not Working Issue, don’t let it come between you and your entertainment. Just deploy these troubleshooting methods and continue to enjoy your favorite video stuff.